Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"On Mount Zion"

Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. Revelation 14:1 ESV
The vision of this verse is the victorious Lamb of God standing in the city of God with the saved. The names of Jesus and God written on their foreheads declares them as His possession.
When I read this verse I find great comfort in it. It tells me that I stand with the King. I have been bought with a price and am marked as His. Ephesians 1:13 speaks to this marking; In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit ESV The Holy Spirit is what signifies our belonging to Him.
We as followers of Jesus have our place assured. We need not worry about the things to come. We are marked as His. Our place awaits on mount Zion. We will be with Him some day.
So today, let’s live like we are already there. Let’s stand in His presence confident of our salvation, confident of our victory in Jesus.
© 2013 Leo J. Woodman


No comments:

Post a Comment