Friday, December 14, 2012

Thoughts on Romans

 Concluding Thoughts on Romans 12



Romans 12 is one of my favorite chapters in all of the New Testament. Paul does a great job of letting his readers know what good Christian character is. He helps his readers to see the role that they have within the body and the influence they have over that body.

Just look at the list of what we are to be and do that he covers in this one chapter. We are to live a life of sacrifice, be transformed, not to think too much of ourselves, we are all members of one body, we all have gifts for service to the body, we are to have genuine love for the body and serve where we can. Read Romans 12 through to get all of the details.

Romans 12 is so significant to me it is listed on my FACEBOOK page for religious views, “Christian- see Romans 12”.

I read and meditate on this chapter periodically. I find that it gives me a lot to think about and an opportunity to do some soul searching. It's not a to do list that I base my life on but a good place to look and take a spiritual inventory.

When one reads Romans 12 they are forced to look inward, and are caused to reevaluate where they are in their spiritual development. What a valuable treasure it is.

I hope that the blogs I have posted about this wonderful chapter have been a blessing to you and your study of God's word.

So today, let's purpose in our hearts to live the life that we have read about in Romans 12.

Feel free to share some of your thoughts on Romans 12 with me in the comment section.


© 2012 Leo J. Woodman

No comments:

Post a Comment