Friday, November 2, 2012

To you I lift up my eyes

 To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he has mercy upon us. Psalm 123:1,2 ESV



I love the visual I get from these verses.

A servant looking to his master for mercy, for approval, for acceptance. Looking up in humility, knowing his status before the master. This is how we should visualize ourselves as we go before God in prayer. Kneeling, looking up as a child looks to a parent for answers and sustenance.

We should be humbled in the presence of God's magnificence. Humbled, yet knowing we are dearly loved by the one that created us and all that He has given to us. We serve an awesome God.

If you ever doubt His love remember what Jesus said, And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." John 12:32 ESV Jesus was describing the kind of death He would die. It is through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross that God has drawn all people to Himself. That amazing act of love brings us to our knees.

So today, lift up your eyes toward heaven. Lift up your eyes to the cross and see a God that truly loves you. He loves you in spite of all that you aren't, he loves you because He created you in His image. He wants to give good things to you. He wants to hear all your cares. He wants to hear your thankfulness.

Humble yourself before Him in prayer today.


© 2012 Leo J. Woodman





No comments:

Post a Comment